22 Aug 2018

Some members may be required to pay GST on certain property transactions.

For example, on or after 1 July 2018, if you purchase new residential premises or potential residential land, you may be required to withhold an amount from the price of the supply and pay it to the Australian Taxation Office.

The ATO has made available two new online forms (settlemen...

21 Aug 2018

Drought can put extra pressure on our members and their businesses.

The ATO have launched an initiative to "make tax easier while times are tough".

The ATO can help with:

  • tailored payment plans with interest-free periods

  • more time to pay your tax

  • waiving penalties or interest you might incur during drought.

Call the ATO on 1800 806 218 to di...

21 Aug 2018

Visit the 2018 Marulan Kite Festival: Art & Photography Exhibition on 8th September 2018 at 6pm in the Marulan Memorial Hall on George Street, Marulan.

$10 at the door with proceeds going to support local community groups.

RSVP to or call 0428 660 003 by Monday 3rd September 2018.

19 Aug 2018

96% of Aussie small businesses rely on a tax or BAS agent to help manage their tax and superannuation affairs. 

Benefits of using a registered agent

Using a registered agent provides you with:

  • consumer protection through professional indemnity insurance

  • extended tax and BAS lodgement due dates

  • experienced and qualified agents, who comply with a...

19 Aug 2018

The Australian Business Number (ABN) is a key business identifier used by business, government and the community.  However, the Black Economy Taskforce found that the ABN system is also used by black economy operators to provide a false sense of legitimacy to their business.

The Australian Government is looking at the best way to strengthen and modernise t...

17 Aug 2018

New laws were introduced to address excessive payment surcharges from 1 September 2016 (for large businesses) and 1 September 2017 (for all businesses). These laws impact members who accept card payments from: 

  • MasterCard;

  • Eftpos;

  • Visa; and 

  • American Express. 

The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has set out the payments cover...

17 Aug 2018

Many of our members play music in their retail stores, cafes and other public places. But have you considered whether you’re infringing copyright laws and licensing agreements? Depending on your situation, you may need to take out licences with APRA/AMCOS and the PPCA - at least until OneMusic Australia launches in 2019. If you don’t obtain these licences...

Please reload

© 2019 by The Marulan Region Chamber of Commerce Inc.

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Myspace Social Icon

Proudly created by DMC Solutions in Marulan.